Product review | GARNIER BIPHASE MICELLAR CLEANSING WATER IN OIL

by - 5/07/2017

Hello you guys :)

Nothing excites me more than testing a new product. Sometimes I get late on the wagon and I see tons of reviews already written so I have certain expectations about the product. I’m more into surprise effect but hey, if I see everyone raving about the product I didn’t try, I’m more than happy to go out and get it.

I love micellar waters and ever since the market was floated with them I haven’t used anything else to remove my makeup. So it’s been years already and I have tried really a lot of brands. Before this product, my favs were BIODERMA SENSIBIO on the pricey side and GARNIER MICELLARCLEANSING WATER for SENSITIVE SKIN (the pink one) which is very affordable.



After I ran out of my pink Garnier micellar water I went to get a new one. I’ve seen and heard a lot about this biphase micellar water with oil but I did think twice before buying it because I was very skeptical. I do wash my face after removing makeup but it’s still heavy formula which I don’t prefer when removing heavy makeup. Also, the list of ingredients, as you can see bellow, contains of 23 ingredients. For comparison purposes, the pink one has only 7, Bioderma Sensibio 10. So you can notice there is a lot of stuff in there. But I decided to get it and see for myself is it worth the hype.


They say it:
·         removes makeup
·         cleanses
·         soothes
·         no rinse off
·         non greasy finish
You get 400 ml and it is suppose to be enough for 200 uses with cotton pads. The price of this micellar water is a slightly higher than the original pink one.


After properly using it for more than a month I can say for sure that for me:
a) it didn’t remove makeup – even though I have used more cotton pads than usual (6-7) and tired various methods of removing eye makeup, I was never able to remove my mascara completely; I always came out of shower looking like a panda which NEVER happened with any other micellar water 
b) it didn’t cleanse – it remains on the surface of the skin unless you press it real hard into the skin to literary wipe away makeup
c) it was not soothing – it burns on the eyelids
d) there was definitely a need to rinse it off because it
e) had greasy finish – your skin absorbs that oil quite fast but I’m not okay with stuffing my pores with oil when first – I know it is argan oil (or at least they say it is) but I don’t know the origin of it, and second – since I’m aware under that oil there still might be makeup residue… all that screams pimples to me and, even though I’ve washed my face after every use, I did notice my skin didn’t feel nor look good


I have dry to very dry skin and it has had those effects on me. I don’t know how it could work any better for the oily skin, but there are many excellent reviews on this product. It might be just my experience but for sure I can say I will never buy this one again. I already went and got its pink sister and stocked it up so I don’t get into temptation of experimenting again with this one hahah

I wish you a lovely day :)

Petra xoxo


You May Also Like

0 komentari